Engineers built Rapid Radicals. See how the Rapid Radicals system can serve your organization’s or client’s needs across a wide range of applications and capabilities.
Our Partners and Mentors:
How It Works for Wet Weather Applications
- Sanitary and/or combined sewer overflow wastewater is directed to the Rapid Radicals system during a storm event.
- The wastewater enters a process for rapid primary treatment to remove solids, soluble organic strength, and nutrients.
- Clarified water then passes into a chemical oxidation contact chamber to disinfect pathogens, remove soluble organic strength, and oxidize micropollutants. Hydroxyl radicals are made en masse for rapid treatment.
- Residual oxidant is removed from the Rapid Radicals system effluent to introduce balanced water into the river and lake ecosystem.
- Clean water is then safely released into the receiving waters.
About Rapid Radicals
Rapid Radicals Technology, LLC is commercializing an innovative high-rate wastewater treatment technology, originally developed to address combined sewer overflows and achieve rapid stormwater management for municipal sewerage districts.
Our technology reduces the eight hours it currently takes a treatment plant to treat wastewater down to 25 minutes. This innovative breakthrough in rapid, advanced-performance wastewater treatment is achieved in a small footprint and cost-effectively achieves treatment outcomes, making it an application not only for wet weather but also providing additional treatment capacity for municipalities and industrial wastewater treatment.